Contact info

You can contact me at dazdnlst@gmail.com. I welcome comments, suggestions or feedback!

Monday, January 17, 2011

Lamp Redo

As I recover from my Pirate Birthday weekend I will share a Lamp decoration project I put together in one night...

I was given a spectacular lamp from my MIL.  It sat on my hubby's piano and when we confiscated inherited the piano it came with it.  In my post about the dollar canvas here I took a look at the lamp. It was plain and boring.....I could snazz it up.




I have had a chunk of remnant fabric with music notes all over it forever. What better way to decorate a piano lamp than with music notes!

I followed the tutorials for two different fabric flowers I found on this page and this page using my music fabric and a little felt for pizzaz.





Once the flowers were made I took some black ribbon I had and hot glued it around the top and bottom of the lamp shade. Beginners mistake: Make sure that you start glueing the ribbon at the same place the lamp shades meet, this way you won't have to worry about covering up the lip of the ribbon....




Next I hot glued the big flower to the center. 






Because it might be fun to change out the smaller flowers I hot glued those onto alligator clips.  That way I can easily change them out for holidays or just because.





Voila, a gorgeous piano lamp!








And the best part, I can change out the smaller ribbons if I so choose!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...