Contact info

You can contact me at dazdnlst@gmail.com. I welcome comments, suggestions or feedback!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Glass Jar Menorah

So, I have a LOT of baby food jars...I mean A LOT! 

I have kept most of them for use "later"   We all have "later" projects...my craft closet is full of things that I will use "later" So when Hanukkah rolled around I found a way to use some of them "now."  My boys are little...fires are not good around them because they still want to touch.  Enter baby food jars and flameless candles....

Supplies:
Baby Food jars (8 small, 1 larger)
Glass etching creme
Blue painters tape
Cricut or some means to cut out numbers
Ribbon (optional)

I found a font that I liked and using Sure Cuts a lot and my Cricut I cut out the numbers on the blue painters tape. I placed the outline of the numers on the baby food jar and applied the etching creme. Following the instructions I left the creme on the jar.  For the large baby food jar I cut out a Star of David.

Jars, prior to creme application


When the time was up I collected the excess creme and put it back in the jar (waste not want not) and removed the tape.

Voila! I had 8 jars that would count the 8 nights of Hanukkah and one Shamash. For some added color I hot glued blue, silver and white ribbon around the top.

Now, we can light one flameless candle each night and my boys can help but not get hurt. a win win in my book.

Also when they get bigger the jars can help with their counting - put items in the jar to match the number and the boys can practice counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...