Contact info

You can contact me at dazdnlst@gmail.com. I welcome comments, suggestions or feedback!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Birthday Blocks

There are so many blocks out in Blog land...I was inspired to try my own set.

Supplies:
Blocks
Scrapbook Paper
Mod Podge
Vinyl

I found decorative cubes at TJ Maxx one day that was 5 bucks for five 5 inch cubes. What a steal! They said "RELAX" in pretty font. I was sure I could mold them into what I wanted.



My first attempt was to use cute birthdaypaper and cover each side.  Then using the tutorials on the web I cut the numbers for countdown blocks.

Now my kids and hubby can countdown to their very special day!
Another view

(for the bottom box I just found an old lotion box and covered it in construction paper and spelled out "birthday countown" in alphabet letters.  I wanted the blocks a little higher than the counter)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...