Contact info

You can contact me at dazdnlst@gmail.com. I welcome comments, suggestions or feedback!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Banana Instant Oatmeal

My big guy has decided that he LOOOVEs  "Oitmeal" Kinda like Ointment but with 'meal' at the end....

BUT he only loves the Banana Cream version which comes 2 in a box of 12 others. I WILL not buy hundreds of boxes of variety and have him eat 2.

SO I searched for a recipe...none. Lots of brown sugar, lots of cinnamon but no banana....

My take on the Banana Oatmeal...

Recipe:
5 cups Quaker Minute Oats
1/3 cup of Dry Milk
2/3 cups of Brown Sugar
2 T of Banana Instant pudding mix (DRY)
1 cup of freeze dried bananas

First pulse 4 cups of the Oats to a finer consistency.
Add 4 pulsed cups of Oats to a container and add in the final cup of Oats as is.
Add the Milk, Brown Sugar and pudding mix.
Pulse the Bananas to smaller pieces. Size depends on the kid.

Add all together and mix.

When it is time to cook add 1/2 cup of mix to a bowl and add water. My kids like it chunky so I added about a 1/3 cup of water.

Stir.

Eat and enjoy banana oatmeal without having to waste 10 packets!

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...